RSS

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Welcome to my Christmas blog and enjoy your stay. Happy Holidays!

Five Little Poems

Kneeling Santa Prayer

The sleigh was all packed, the reindeer were fed
but Santa still knelt by the side of his bed

'Dear Father,' he prayed, "Be with me tonight,
There's much work to do and my schedule is tight.

My sack will hold toys to grant all kid's wishes.
The supply will be endless like the loaves and the fishes.

I can do all these things, Lord, only through you.
I just need your blessing ,then it's easy to do.

I do this only to honor the birth of the one,
that was sent to redeem us, Your most Holy Son.

So to all of my friends, lest your glory I rob,
please, Lord, remind them who gave me this job."

By Grace

Bethlehem of Judea

A little child,
A shining star.
A stable rude,
The door ajar.

Yet in that place,
So crude, folorn,
The Hope of all
The world was born.

-Author Unknown

Long, Long Ago

Winds thro'the olive trees
Softly did blow,
Round little Bethlehem
Long, long ago.

Sheep on the hillside lay
Whiter than snow;
Shepherds were watching them,
Long, long ago.

Then from the happy sky,
Angels bent low,
Singin their songs of joy,
Long, long ago.

For in a manger bed,
Cradled we know,
Christ came to Bethlehem,
Long, long ago.

-Author Unknown

When Santa Claus Comes

A good time is coming, I wish it were here,
The very best time in the whole of the year;
I'm counting each day on my fingers and thumbs --
the weeks that must pass before Santa Claus comes.

Then when the first snowflakes begin to come down,
And the wind whistles sharp and the branches are brown,
I'll not mind the cold, though my fingers it numbs,
For it brings the time nearer when Santa Claus comes.

-Author Unknown

So Great A Love

Written by Bobbie F. Kimmel

Her time was almost at hand, but taxes
had to be paid in all the land.

They traveled for miles and miles, knowing
that soon they would have their little child.

Her days were accomplished in the little
town of Bethlehem, but not a room could be found.

In a barn with cattle and sheep would be where they
would find their sleep.

Baby Jesus was born that night, with a beautiful star
shining bright.

Because God sent His Son from above, the world
would now know how to love.

Thanks to Bobbie F. Kimmel for this contribution!

0 comments:

Post a Comment